Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Taking technology for granted

One of the things I'm starting to take for granted is my cell phone. My wife had gallbladder surgery today, and I'm happy to report that everything went well. As I mentioned in a previous post, I didn't make it to Pierre to be with her. But throughout the day today, I was getting text messages from Ashlie with updates, complete with pictures. I got a picture of the gallstones they removed (yuck!), the flowers Sayra got, and even a lovely picture of my better half as she's recovering in her hospital room. All courtesy of a cell phone with a camera on it. (And a teenager that knows how to run it.)

And I spent most of the day in a meeting, away from my desk and my computer. So the fact that I've got this thing hooked to my belt, with me almost 24 X 7, is great too.

Wasn't it just like 10 years ago these things were the size of a brick, and about as heavy?

No comments: