Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fantasy football update

With the end of the regular season, I thought I'd report how I did with my four fantasy football leagues this season.

WFFL
This is the league I've been in for more than fifteen years. We play during the NFL playoffs, and I'm happy to report that my team, the Cannibals, made the playoffs, finishing in fifth place, despite my 7-10 record and a four-game losing streak at the end of the season. I haven't won this league yet, so I'm hoping this is the year. Given how balanced all the playoff teams are in the NFL, I think I might have a shot.

KCFFL
I started this league up a couple of years ago, and won it the first season. My team, Negative Treatment, finished the season in eighth place and missed the playoffs. Which was a blessing, since there's no money on the line, and I couldn't keep track of all my teams anyway.

BAFFL
I joined this league this year, and my team (Crazy 88's) finished the regular season in sixth place, barely making the playoffs. With a couple of good weeks, I got to the championship game, but lost. But I'm very happy with my finish there.

CoFFL
A new league created this year, where my team (Immutable Objects) missed the playoffs, but won a couple of games in the consolation bracket to officially finish in fifth place. I wasn't quite as committed to this team, due to the fact that I didn't pick the players (it was an auto draft).

General thoughts:
  • It was good to play a bunch of different teams on a bunch of different websites, with a bunch of different rules.
  • But, four teams was too many. I couldn't keep them all straight. If I remember correctly, I've had four teams before, and had the same problem. One of the problems with getting older is making the same mistakes over and over again.
  • I went a little too heavy on Steelers, having Big Ben and Fast Willie on multiple teams. Was expecting more production from that offense. Luckily, I was able to find production from other pickups, like Matt Ryan and Tyler Thigpen.
Stay tuned for further updates from the WFFL playoffs!

No comments: