Saturday, January 17, 2009

Emergency home repair

Started off this weekend on the right foot -- the 8' wire shelf in Ashlie's closet that you hang clothes underneath came off the wall. The previous owners of this home cut some corners when it came to installing this shelf. Including not anchoring it to any studs. I thought that was a nice touch. So had to make a run to Menards to pick up a bunch of anchors and supports, some of which only come in "contractor quantities". Needless to say, I've got leftovers, which ought to come in handy.

Actually, they probably will -- I checked around, and found some other wire shelves that aren't mounted properly. One of which has all my old compact discs on it. I've got about five hundred of them. So that's a ticking time bomb, waiting to come crashing down...

No comments: